Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Bionic Woman


I knew I was going to miss my 4:30 pm Max 10 BodyShaping exercise class, so I decided to attend the earlier one. I woke up at 4:00 am and snooze until 4:30 am.
"Babe...wake up" ohh the sweet voice of Mr. S!(my husband).
I get up...argh.. ok, tennis shoes, check...makeup-check, work clothes-check, umm what else..oh yeah, car keys.
I get extra early to the gym and this girl from class was already sweating in the elliptical. She is wearing a tie dye t-shirt (I thought those were out of fashion?)
"Oh, you go girl for working extra hard!" so then I get to the class at the basket ball court and everything was set up: steppers, flat ladders, medicine balls, resistance balls; just like an obstacle course. Arghhh, today was circuit day..argh so we get in different "stations" and I ended up next to Connie. Connie is blond, beautiful, thin and young. She was wearing super cute workout clothes: lime green sports bra, workout skirt. She was all smiles.
"Ok, "GO" the instructor yelled as he played a "Beyonce" remix song. I looked at the instructor and asked myself, "how is it possible that a man could have such a tiny waist!"
The first obstacle course was to tap your feet in into a "flat ladder." I am not coordinated...what tapping? I looked up and Connie was zooming on the next ladder.
I watched her feet to see if I can coordinate my feet like hers and I almost trip over!
One minute in this contraption...argh
ok next one: resistance bands:do your body like you are snow skiing....
"What? I am Mexican, we don't know about skiing!
Next: one-stepper-ok I think I can do this one. I glanced over at Connie and I am serious, her feet did not even touched the ground, she was going so fast.
Now back to the flat ladders and now jump like a bunny or is it like hop stock? I don't know!
I just followed Connie, but Miss B was....
oh my, what is she: a bionic woman?
I gave up and just jump up and down- my short Mexican self.
After class, she was high-fiving everyone, smiling, cracking jokes.
Me...I was like..."take me now, now!"
The instructor announced that we have a new product to try out today: Quinoa
"Step over the table and try it! " he announced
"ok,"I think...a treat..yes!
I get this "gooy" stuff that looks like avena (oatmeal) and pour some alevia extract (natural sweetener)
The instructor came over and asked,"did you just put a little, because that sweetener is strong!"
"Yes!" I responded
I tasted that...and ARGHHHH

1 comment: