Friday, October 16, 2009

Smell this

“Can you smell this?” Roman, my 4yr old son asked, pointing to his head

I smelled..”Ummmm”

“what did you put in your hair” I asked

Come see

So he took me to his room, where he got down the basket where I keep their lotions, corn starch, diaper rash creams

He pointed to the baby oil bottle.

Smells good I responded
I went back to bathroom to finish up, doing MY hair

So he got on his stool and placed his hands and used his fingers to “raise his hair” and he kept look and the mirror, checking him self out

I looked at him,,I wanted to laugh,,is Roman reached a milestone, is he trying to “look good”

I need a towel he declared!

Why

So I can make my towel stronger, so my hair looks different

Ok

Today he has a fall party at his preschool, is he trying to get ready for that?
Has he reached a point where he cares about his appearance
On my drive to work, I could not help feeling a mixture of emotions, pride, happiness, sad that my baby is growing up…etc

I just know today is a historic day for me as a mama..my son is styling his hair for the first time! Friday October 16, 2009

1 comment:

  1. Oh He is growing too fast! I can understand your mixture of emotions.Your baby is growing up and yet you feel happy for the milestone yet sad.

    ReplyDelete