Monday, February 15, 2010

It is the grape juice!

One Saturday I was running around in my house. Since my husband and I work full time, there is not time really to do house-work in the weekdays. Weekends are typically allocated to doing dishes, ironing, cleaning, organizing.
That morning, I did not have breakfast, so I drank a glass of grape juice and continue working around the house.
Shorty after, as I was talking to Mr. S (my husband) was talking to me, I suddenly felt sick to my stomach.
No, it was not my husband’s conversation or morning sickness… nooooooo!!!
As I ran to the bathroom, I heard Mr. S, called out…”It was the grape juice!”

As I bent over the toilet, vomiting, I started thinking of a particular occasion when I had gotten sick and my dad, had made the same diagnosis: grape juice

What is it with men and grape juice?
Apparently there is something in the grapes!

A few weeks later, I sat down to have the dinner Mr. S has prepared. I took a sip of my drink. Ummm something citrusy…….

As I was trying to determined what it was,

Mr. S said
“It is lemon. I squeezed fresh lemon on the grape juice, so you won’t get sick”

I was so touched. I looked at him as he took a bite of his seasoned chicken drumstick.

He is NOT the “romantic type” He is a logical thinking kind of guy. But it is things like these that he does that I find so endearing.

I thank him and enjoyed my lemon-grape juice!

1 comment: