Friday, September 18, 2009

Yo Soy (I am)

I am the girl that never cooed to babies
I am the girl that did not babysit as a teenager
I am the girl that kept her pregnancy a secret for a while
I am the girt that never read "What to expect when you are expecting”
I am the mom, that every nursing occasion was marked by depression and anxiety
I am the mom that took the baby to the computer lab at school
I am the mom that left for Paris for Spring Break, while the baby was 6 month old
I am the mom that did not have an elaborate party to mark that very first birthday
I am the mom that went back to pursue her career while one was a baby ,the other a toddler
I am the mom that her heart swells when she hears the words..."that is my mommy"
I am the mom that did not know it was pajama day at school, turn around and brought a pair back
I am the mom that takes vacation time to go to field trips
I am the mom that never made cupcakes, but takes treats to the caregivers
I am the mom that lets her boys wear mama's necklaces and shoes
I am the mom that was filled with pride and sense of accomplishment after Roman was potty trained.
I am the mom that lets Dominik ride the big boy's bike...the exact one cousin Ethan feel off.. a few weeks ago...because that the one bike Dominik wants to ride
I am the girl, that a long time ago, spent her weekends going to "el baile," now is happy to spend them watching "The Lady and the Tramp"
I am the girl that one day hopes to hear one day...."that is my grandma"

1 comment:

  1. Poetic! LOVE it.a treasure to read when in 20years you become a grandma!(ok maybe not so soon?)

    ReplyDelete